Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Nudes by Maybelline Review

The Nudes by Maybelline's palette has been out for a few months but I didn't get my hands on it until there was a 40% off sale at Rite Aid a few weeks ago (link here for my haul with the Nudes palette) where I got this palette for $6.59. The original price is $10.99 at Rite Aid. Keep in mind that every drug store might have a different price. I'm going to tell you my 100% honest opinion.



In this Nudes' Palette, there are 3 metallic, 5 mattes, and 4 slimmers eye shadows. As you can tell, there are a lot of neutral colors here. The amount of looks you can create are endless (although on the maybelline's site, claims that this palette can create 13 looks in palette).   

The eye shadows do not have a name. However, they are all numbers. 

Eye shadows

First off, I believe this is a great palette for those who are starting out with makeup. However, if you are going to compare the quality and pigmentation to Urban Decay's Naked Palettes, your hopes will not be so satisfied. 



                                                 Without an eye shadow primer

Using Urban Decay's Primer Potion. 

With the primer, there is VERY little difference with the pigmentation, but I do recommend using a primer so eye shadows can last longer and it's more beneficial for those who have oily eye lids. 

My favorite shadows are #4 (first row fourth shadows) and #10 (second row fourth shadow) because, even without a primer, their colors really show through. Using my fingers to swatch the shadows, these are just so smooth and softest.  

My less favorite shadows are #9 (second row third color) and #12 (the every last color in row 2). I'm comparing the gold eye shadow to UD's half baked , which is my favorite color. #9 is disappointing because it doesn't have the most opaque quality that I am looking for. And #12 is just not dark for a black shadow. It's disappointing. 

The eye shadows are definitely easy to use. Some of them are smoother than others. And some of them aren't opaque enough. 

For my skin tone, the lighter colors are a little difficult to show up on my skin unless I use a white base. 

Packaging

As for the packaging, the 12 eye shadows are in a small plastic case and it has one cheap plastic applicator (which I will throw away). It makes sense why drug store brands use plastic cases because of the price they are selling it at. One thing I really like is that it is travel friendly because it doesn't take up much space. 

Final thoughts

I give this palette a 3/5 because of the price ($6.59 when on sale), the amount of eye shadows you get, and how compact it is.

That's all for now. Let me know what you think.

~Suz







No comments:

Post a Comment