Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hello from Amsterdam


Hello everyone! 

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Currently, I am in Amsterdam. I must say that this city is quite interesting. Prostitution is legal here. I know. Last night, my friends and I went to the Red Light District. I was not able to take a picture with a female in it because we need to respect them. I must say that these women are really good looking and they have a good body. 
This is a section of the red light district in Amsterdam. It's literally down the street where I am currently staying at. Women stand right in front of the windows and wait for their clients to come. According to my tour guide, on average, a prostitutes makes about 50 euros in 15 minutes. However, because it is legalized, they are taxed a lot by the government. On the bright side, prostitution is considered a job so they are able to get health insurance. 

Today, we went on a few tourist attractions. We took a free walking tour around the city for 3 hours, visited a tulip museum (student discount helps), explored Vincent Von gogh museum, experienced the house of Anne Frank's hide out house, and a canal tour at night. 

Here are some pictures throughout my time in Amsterdam: 
Dutch bakery

Dutch breakfast 

Palace of Dam, a king used to live here but he wasn't able to last too long. 

One of the canals in Amsterdam. Their main transportation is biking. 

Tulip are the main official tulips in Amsterdam. These seeds are from the Tulip museum. 

Anne Frank's hide out house is now a museum. I recommend those who go to Amsterdam in the future should visit this museum. You learn so much history from a little girl. 


Here is one of Vincent Van Gogh's painting. During his time, people did not like his paintings. In fact, in his life time, he only sold one painting. However, artists now find his painting amazing. I think his paintings are still master pieces. By the way, I wasn't able to take pictures but I quickly took two shoots before getting caught. Hehe

Yes, the good french fries. But in Amsterdam, they just call them fries. In most popular tourist attractions, there are so many fries restaurants. I love how the fries were so crispy and you get to add a topping. Here I have mayo. 

A traditional Dutch pancake. It may seem plain, but it's really good. I'll might try this at home when I get back. 

 Hodge Pot. Mashed potatoes and mashed carrots with gravy and a sausage on top. It's really yummy. 

Okay, that's all for today. 

Paris is next. 

Remember, always be yourself. 

<3 Suz



No comments:

Post a Comment