Thursday, September 11, 2014

Southern California food update #1

Good afternoon everyone! 

Recently I mentioned that I would be in Southern California before I go to Europe. If you do not know, Southern California is known for their weather and food. It is hot here. And Oh my goodness, I love to try new food. Who does not? 

A few days ago, I went to Bonfish Grill, located in Northridge, CA. 
               
This is called the Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos. I think this restaurant has an Asian influence in their dishes, bit I'm not too sure. I really like to eat this. My first time trying them. It has a crunchy, peanut better, creamy, and sweet taste to the fried shrimp. I highly recommend people around the area to try it out. There are also different types of other seafood available and steak (rib eye). 3/5 stars on yelp. Also, I like to mention that they have a super friendly service. The waiters and waitresses were really nice and they love to joke and talk to their customers. Free dessert on your birthday! 

Today, I went to the Americana Mall in Glendale, CA, to try Din Tai Fung 
 
                
 Stir-fry long green beans with garlic! So good. It's a little crunchy and the garlic taste makes eating my greens a lot easier.
 

     
Din Tai Fung is known for their soup dumplings. This one here is called the juicy pork dumpling xiaolongbao (小笼包子). My friends and I also got juicy pork and carb soup dumplings and shrimp and pork dumplings (not shown in the picture). To be honest, I thought the dumplings were okay. I had high expectations because I have had soup dumplings in Shanghai and they were delicious and juicy. The yelp rankings were 3.5/5 stars. And yes, the service was really fast. The food came out in 5 minutes tops. Nice waiters and waitresses too. I have heard the wait could take a long time but going in on a Thursday morning at 11am, no wait :) 

Afterwards, we walked around the mall and encountered Sprinkles cupcakes :) 
 
I got the red velvet cupcake ice cream! So good, I got sugar high afterwards but worth it! 


I did not buy any macaroons but who would not take a picture. They are so cute :) 

That's all for today. 
Remember, always be yourself

 <3 Suz


No comments:

Post a Comment